Our baby, our beautiful little Easter blessing, the sweetest thing I could ever imagine was born into our lives on March 30th. Kate and I are in love with our daughter; our daughter--her life, her effect, her beauty and goodness--is beyond description. Kate is my hero. If you could see the past few weeks as I saw the past few weeks, Kate would be your hero too.
Here's an attempt to show you:
 |
| The daily belly inspection, with two weeks to go |
 |
| Makin' sure Marie will fit in her car seat--she does... |
 |
Looking gorgeous for date night one week before! Yes, she's wearing heals...
|
 |
| So full of joy. One week to go |
 |
| Kate thinks I take too many pictures |
 |
| Waiting out some pre-labor contractions, Sunday before the birth. |
 |
| The 997 piece puzzle we finished the week before Marie was out |
 |
| An evening walk in the park, Friday before Kate gave birth |
 |
| 10 hours into labor. Kate is amazing. |
 |
| Kate, looking incredible, very shortly after Marie was born |
 |
| A gaze that has made my life so much better; my heart overflows |
 |
| My little girl |
Marie Gianna Schweiss was born at about 5:30 pm on March 30th, 2013. She is, in all respects prefect.
Her name, Marie, honors both the Blessed Virgin Mary, whose help we cannot quantify, and my grandmother, Marie Schweiss, who we wish to honor. Grandma Marie has sweetly and humbly given so much to fill so many people's lives with happiness. We love her completely and are overjoyed that she will be an example for our daughter. Her second name, Gianna, honors both
St. Gianna Molla, whose intercession and example were and are an inspiration to Kate, and Kate's mom, whose middle name is Jean. Her love has made Kate the wonderful wife and mother that she is, and that same love and example are already so present to our Marie.
 |
| I told you she fits! |
 |
Enjoying our time home together
|
 |
| This is what joy, my loves, look like. |
Thank you, Kate. I love you completely--in every moment more than the last.
No comments:
Post a Comment