11.08.2012

The [Weekend] Adventures

Once again, it has been too long since we have written...

As a change to this blog, I (Kate) am going to start writing in first person since I will now be doing most of the writing.  While in Europe, we switched back and forth frequently and it made more sense--and was more fun--to use the third person.  But now, it's getting to be a bit too much for me.

Now onto what we've been up to...

We had an absolutely gorgeous end-of-summer/beginning-of-fall here.  The warm days hung on for a long time, allowing us to enjoy ample outdoor time and truly take advantage of the beauty of this state.  For several weekends in a row, we went on little excursions with my parents, first to Multnomah Falls in the Columbia River Gorge, then around the Portland area and then to the Oregon Coast to hike out to the end of Cape Lookout.

Multnomah Falls:  I hadn't been to the falls since I was in high school, and none of the other three had ever been there, so it was a nice excuse to see one of those things you always drive by but never stop at.  You can hike to the top of the falls, which of course we did, and the steady climb proved to be a nice little workout!


The view from the bottom
The view from the top


The way back down.  I didn't take photos on the way up as I was too dang tired!









The view from the bridge to the bottom

Portland Sights: Part of Tony's birthday celebration in October was exploring the city of Portland as if we were exploring a European city.  We managed to fit a few fun things in, but being pregnant, I found that I didn't have quite the same stamina for exploration...  We walked the waterfront, visited the famous Saturday Market, and had a picnic lunch in the beautiful Rose Garden.  It was a nice "introduction" to Portland.











Millions of roses 



A barely visible baby bump 











A peak at the city in the distance
Oregon Coast: Mom and dad found this hike at Cape Lookout, which turned out to be completely gorgeous.  The weather at the Coast was perfect, which is not usually the case...  The only downside (pun intended!) was the sheer cliffs and teeny-tiny narrow pathways at parts of the trail.  For as amazingly beautiful as it was, I don't think I would go back because I nearly had a heart attack picturing my beloved husband (or any of us!) dropping off the side of those things never to be seen again...























Lots more to come about recent happenings around here, including baby bump photos and a gender reveal... !

No comments:

Post a Comment