1.29.2013

The [End of Another Year] Adventures

It has been an eventful few months around here--not to mention an eventful YEAR.  Since the last time I wrote, we learned the gender of our baby (!), traveled to Hawaii for a lovely Thanksgiving getaway, had a fruitful and spiritual Advent, celebrated our ONE YEAR anniversary (!) and then shared a lovely Christmastime with my family.  Now it's a New Year and we are focusing on the upcoming arrival of our precious little one in only two more months!

By now, everyone knows that we are having a sweet baby girl!  Her name is Marie (middle name to be determined) and she is the love of our lives already.  She is getting bigger quickly and is extremely active--kicking and spinning and moving all over the place!  It is the most incredible gift to feel her moving inside of my belly...unlike anything else I've experienced.  Tony loves to feel her moving with his hands, or at night when my belly is pressed against his side and he can feel her kicking against him.  She loves to hear his voice and moves around when he starts talking to her.

Every week brings a new excitement as we prepare for her arrival.  We've registered on Amazon.com (mostly for adorable little outfits...), we're learning all we can about cloth diapering (which we are excited about trying out), we're reading A LOT about childbirth and breast feeding and we're in the middle of our 8-week preparation course for childbirth.  We like to be informed about everything we can be concerning our baby and what is coming up, so it's been very fulfilling to learn together and make important decisions.  We both feel invigorated and excited for what lies just ahead...

This is my last week at work at St. Francis School.  I have enjoyed my job tremendously and will really miss all of the kiddos and the lovely ladies I work with, but I am also really looking forward to having this time at home before Marie arrives to organize and clean and feel settled and prepared.  Tony is the most loving husband--it is the greatest gift to be able to stay at home with our baby girl and I certainly do not take that gift for granted.

Here is a random sampling of photos from the last few months...

Kauai

An early anniversary celebration
Our first Christmas tree together

Merry Christmas!  Before Midnight mass.
Lovely baby shower luncheon with Mom and Paige
Tony, Alex and Dad skiing at Mt. Hood

In reflecting on this past year, I must say that I feel completely overwhelmed with blessings.  What an incredible way to spend a year--newly married, traveling the world, coming back to be close to family, and preparing for the arrival of our very own little miracle...  There are just no words to express how happy and fulfilled we both feel.  There are sure to be hard times ahead, but this has been a year of unbelievable joy, and we couldn't be more grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment