8.30.2013

Five

This sweet little munchkin is five months old today.


Five months has brought toe sucking, teething, more laughing, rolling over, lots of snuggling, a million new facial expressions and noises, tons of drool, incredible dexterity, a couple of pounds, a little more hair, lots of pudgy rolls, interest in absolutely everything going on around her and so many tiny changes every day that it's hard to believe she's the same baby from day to day.  And two new cousins! (Yay for Charlie and Henry!)

She continues to become cuter and cuter, and sweeter and sweeter, if that's even possible.  This is such a fun age, and I am loving every minute of it.

She spends 90% of her days on my hip, watching intently everything that I am doing (she's especially interested in food!).

She is the happiest baby and smiles at everyone she sees, even the girl who gives her shots at the doctor's office.  She is a natural charmer--doesn't even have to try.

If she could figure out how to use her arms, she would be crawling, but since she tends to keep them down by her sides when she's doing tummy time, her legs just go nuts and she scoots around on the floor by just pushing her knees up and down.  I'm okay with it if it takes her a little longer to crawl, however...

She's the happiest waker I can imagine, greeting me with such big smiles after her naps, when I often walk in to find her just lying there awake, looking around or talking to the ceiling.

She loves her new stroller and being able to see more when we go on walks.  When we are outside she often makes long, loud, excited noises as if she is trying to fill the air with her voice.

She loves watching her daddy swing a golf club, which she finds hilarious.

She now talks herself to sleep, which is incredibly cute.

She is enjoying her toys and often gets very excited when she spots them across the room.  Sometimes I have to move away from them if I am trying to get her to sleep because she will carry on a conversation with them instead of closing her eyes.

All in all, she is joy personified.  We are oh so blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment