-Is starting to "wake up." For all of her life so far, Margaret has been a very easy baby, content as long as she has eaten and burped and pooped. She put herself to sleep in her bunny seat and bassinet, slept peacefully and a long time in the Ergo and was happy to just watch the world around her for most of the day. Now, however, she's starting to realize that she's a part of that world. She has recognized that she has desires rather than just needs, and she's looking to have them fulfilled. I wouldn't say that she's become difficult in any way, just that caring for her is not as easy and simple as it once was. All along I have said that three kids is easier than two was for me, and that has been totally true so far. But I'm starting to wonder if I might change my tune as this little one gets older.
-Is uniquely herself. Though I just realized that she does look a bit like some of Clara's early photos, Margaret never really reminds me of the other two. She has her own look and personality for sure, and I am excited to see who she becomes as she grows.
-Has an incredible smile. When she smiles, she smiles with her WHOLE body. When she sees Mommy or Daddy, she absolutely lights up and her entire little body wiggles like crazy with excitement. Yet despite how amazing it is to see this girl smile, she will absolutely NOT smile if she sees the phone. I have attempted to get a smiling picture of her 1,000 times and every.single.time she gets a serious look on her face when she sees the phone. It's unbelievable. And mildly frustrating. The below picture is the first time I've caught any bit of her big smile, and it was just the end, and she stopped smiling a millisecond after this when she realized I was holding the phone.
-Is petite and adorable. She's still so little, and I love that. We've met several babies her age lately and they all look huge compared to her. She's just petite, and it makes me happy because then I don't feel like she's growing up too fast. She has a little head and a little tiny face and little arms and legs and little hands and feet...and it's all just so cute.
-Hasn't rolled over. This is probably because I hardly ever put her on the ground. I know, I know. I should. But I forget, and it's not my favorite place to leave her anyway. With two extremely eager and loving big sisters who are more than willing to "entertain" her, it's not always the safest place for her! It's not her favorite place either, for similar reasons, I believe. But I've been trying to include more dedicated baby time in our days so that she gets a chance to work on all those important things she's supposed to be working on.
-Is starting to coo and talk a lot more. In some ways, I think this little lady is a bit reserved. Perhaps because she's just taking in all of the activity and noise of her sisters, or perhaps it's just her personality, but she's pretty quiet. She hasn't done a whole lot of cooing or talking until very recently. But when it's just me talking to her, she's starting to get a lot more vocal, and it's adorable. I can't wait to hear more of her sounds and hear her laugh in the coming months. Baby coos are pretty much the sweetest things!
-Wants to be facing out. Of all my babies, Margaret is the least snuggly. My other two would snuggle onto my shoulder and melt into my arms, but Margaret wants to be held facing out and pretty much always has. When I hold her against me, she stiffens up, holds her head up and almost leans herself back a bit so that she can see what's going on. She doesn't relax and certainly doesn't melt into me. She likes facing out so much, that that is her preferred way to be held to go to sleep. She'll just sit there happily and relaxed and then all of a sudden you will feel drool dripping down your arm and know that she has fallen asleep. It's pretty funny. Because she's not as snuggly during the day, I treasure the times she's sleeping my arms and her little body is totally relaxed against mine.
-Is teething. I can't feel anything yet, but she's chomping on everything she can and drooling a lot. She's just barely able to hold a teether or toy up to her mouth, but isn't quite coordinated enough to make sure it stays there. Most of the time, she just ends up gnawing on her own hands or she manages to stuff the top of her shirt in her mouth and chew on that. I think we'll see a cute little tooth pop through in the next month.
-Is a complete joy. I can't imagine life without her anymore. She brings so much happiness into our family just by being here. She's an absolute blessing and we all adore her completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment